Tart cherries contain:
While some other fruits may have some of these bioactive compounds (such as antioxidants), tart cherries possess a wider variety of them and in greater amounts. For this reason, it is extremely beneficial to seek out tart cherries at your local grocery store and make them a regular part of your diet. Look for the can of tart cherries, the jam made from tart cherries or the tart cherry juice health drink made from all natural tart cherries
- Anthocyanins which help reduce inflammation and inhibit tumor growth.
- Flavanols and Flavonols which improve blood flow, heart and brain health, and lowers blood pressure.
- Phenolic Acids which are powerful antioxidants.
- Phytochemicals (antioxidants) are associated with reducing the risk of major chronic diseases.
- Plant Hormones that help regulate physiological functions.
- Terpenes that are essential oils from plant elements.