Astaxanthin delivers powerful benefits, such as
- Combats aging, reduces fine lines and wrinkles and protects the skin from sun damage
- Aids in fat metabolism and encourages weight loss by helping the body burn more fat during exercise
- Improves cardiovascular, eye and brain health
- Delivers powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory protection that can dramatically improve overall health
- works as an internal nutritional sunscreen and actually boosts your skin's tolerance to ultraviolet radiation.
Scientific research has shown that astaxanthin is a true anti-aging wonder because it protects against collagen degradation, cell damage and wrinkles due to the rays of the sun.
In studies from Carotenoid Science and others, topical application of astaxanthin was shown to increase the skin’s moisture level as well as reduce wrinkles after four weeks of application . In another study, women with dry skin saw significant improvements in spots, acne and dark rings around their eyes . Still another showed that astaxanthin improved fine lines and skin elasticity.
Astaxanthin is found in microalgae, yeast, salmon, trout, krill, shrimp, crayfish, crustaceans, and the feathers of some birds. It provides the red color of salmon meat and cooked shellfish. This red-orange pigment, closely related to other well-known carotenoids like beta-carotene and lutein, has stronger antioxidant activity than either of them (ten times higher than beta-carotene, in fact).
MegaRed Omega-3 Krill Oil is a good source of astaxanthin; it's an oil from pure Antarctic krill, tiny crustaceans that thrive in the frigid water of the Antarctic.
Q: Is red krill oil really all that much better for you than regular fish oil?
A: Red krill oil has about the same amount of omega-3 content as regular fish oil pills, but the way that the omega-3 molecules are conjugated in krill oil, it may be better absorbed and utilized by the body.
Red krill oil's capacity to reduce LDL or bad cholesterol and raise the HDL or good cholesterol seems to be better than fish oil alone and its anti-inflammatory properties appear to be better as well. There are some reports stating that after 2 weeks of taking red krill oil supplements that the anti-inflammitory potential is similar to ibuprofen.
|A northern krill (Meganyctiphanes norvegica)|
More health benefits of astaxanthin :
• Reduces proliferation of breast cancer tumor cells by 40%
• Protects the brain from dementia and Alzheimer's
• Greatly reduces inflammation and joint pain
• Reduces oxidative damage to your DNA by 40% (even at low doses)
• Greatly increases endurance, muscle recovery and workout performance
• Reduces the risk of cancer
• Reduces blood sugar level in diabetics and prediabetics
• Improves fertility while decreasing the rate of stillborn births
• Promotes cardiovascular health, reduces C-Reactive Proteins (CRP)
• Reduces or eliminates carpal tunnel syndrome
• Boosts immune function and helps the body resist infections
• Protects the stomach from ulcers and invasive bacteria
• Protects the kidneys from damage due to high blood sugar
• Causes cancer cells to commit suicide (apoptosis)
• Greatly improves sperm quality, motility, and sperm count
• Prevents asthma by normalizing histamine levels
• Protects the body from highly oxidative foods like fried foods
In addition, I've found that this natural medicine supplement:
• Greatly protects eye health, reduces cataracts and prevents UV damage to the eyes
• Makes skin look younger and functions as a natural internal sunscreen that prevents DNA damage and sunburn
• Protects the body from the dangerous oxidizing effects of Vioxx and COX-2 inhibitors, meaning that is can actually reduce the harmful side effects and deaths caused by other anti-inflammatory pharmaceuticals